Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Those New Year's Resolutions

Well, that didn’t last long, did it? I really was determined to keep this blog up-to-date, but things happened (I was feeling a bit under the weather or, as we used to say, “off my feed”) and it got ahead of me. I don’t know what happened, but a lot of people around here are ill from both ends. I’m not that way, luckily, but I still feel off.

So my ambition went with it. Oddly enough, I am still working on cleaning my room, something which always comes in last place. That’s really odd.

I slept two nights in my recliner. That was really nice; blanket, bedspread, afghan, nice and cozy. Radiator set at just the right temp behind me, radio softly playing classical music. All is right with the world and I still can roll over on either side if I want. It’s a good place if I have some acid at night (not LSD acid, I hasten to note).

Actually, while I was feeling only the slightest “under the weather,” which wasn’t much at all, I had to crank out a column for the newspaper – my weekly piece about music, especially the older stuff. This week’s was about Broadway show tunes, especially shows which have been forgotten, but launched some well-known songs.

I guess that’s the difference: I can visualize my editor over at the newspaper (about two blocks away) holding a gun to a photo of me with a countdown clock on her desk. With a blog, there is no such thing. But there are lots of interruptions, things I feel I should do first. Like warming up the mug of tea next to me. See you tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shame using your health problems to justify the loss of interest in such honorable resolutions you had resolved to undertake this year. Oh well, you've still got 358 days, minus cruise time to fulfill your promises and make all of us who read your blog proud of you.

That's all right, we all find some sort of back door to sneak out out of so as to push the 2010 resolutions up to the 2011 resolutions. That way you don't have to make another list..

CJV

January 07, 2010 6:53 AM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

I've used much the same list for years, o you of bad memory.

January 07, 2010 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home