Friday, January 01, 2010

My New Year's Resolutions

I do believe in New Year’s Resolutions. I do believe I’ll keep them for about a week or two. After that, all bets are off. So here they are, in no particular order:

-I will keep this blog up-to-date. To the extent possible, I will post on the day assigned. Things got bad this past year, but at least I tried to post a reminder to myself.

-I will straighten out my apartment. You may have heard this before and you may hear it again; that’s life. Live with it. I do.

-I will try to attend more shows on the cruise ship. By nature, I am a loner and, although being in crowds does not bother me, I’d much rather be alone pondering the mysteries of the universe. It really means a lot to me.

-I will clean my tea mugs more often. I realize you get better flavor, more vitamins and minerals when the stuff coats up the inside after a couple of weeks, but most of my friends wash theirs after one use. I don’t know why, but I’ll give it a try.

-I think I might clean the inside of my car. The leaves have become my friends, but even the best of friends must go their own ways eventually.

-Maybe I’ll get to bed by 2:00. One of my meds gives me insomnia, but perhaps I can give my brain a hint that 2 ayem is really late enough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you actually think that I'll believe this crap?

On your chair, the last time I was there, I sat on a copy of the NY Times, Dec. 3, 1993, and your car, well I found a can of cat food, ''Best Before May 2005''

I will give you the shows on cruises though.

As a side note here, I asked my wife about New Year's resolutions and she told me not to worry, there is no room for improvement....Does that mean that I am stagnating?

HAPPY 2010....Exit 318, Ms.Victoria Lawn and her brother CJV.

January 01, 2010 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as someone who has been to your room to drink a mug of tea - your resolution to actually wash the mugs is very interesting. Yep, that's a good word. Interesting.

January 04, 2010 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom's tea cups are as close to the chalice he uses on Sunday mornings, as close as you can get without being sacriligeous.

I can personally attest to a certain time many years ago when my brother CJV Crazy Glued his favorite cup to the picnic table. It could have led to a disaster equal to that of the Titanic or a Tsunami

Ms. Victoria Lawn

January 04, 2010 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home