Friday, March 06, 2009

My Good Friend Zout

I bought a new what we used to call a Thermos jug. Showing my age, perhaps, but that’s what we had in grammar school in our lunchboxes. Anyway, these don’t have any brand names on them, but they have handles and are insulated. (Insulated beverage containers, or some such word?) I used them when I’m on the air.

The Dial Corporation probably loves these things because they tend to dribble when used. Or, I dribble when I’m using them. It doesn’t seem to matter how I do it, but after a while the tea ends up on my sweater. As does the Zout.

Zout (registered trademark for a laundry stain remover) is concocted by those folks I just mentioned over at Dial, who make the only soap I can find in the shower with my glasses off. Funny what qualities you look for when you choose a product.

This Zout stuff is as subtle as a mugger holding a meat cleaver when it goes to work on the stain. And, not only that, but it’s got the Queen of Clean seal of approval. “Big Deal,” I thought to myself; another in a line of ten billion gimmicks. Then I just now spotted an asterisk, which I know can always lead you to something interesting, like small print.

*Trademark of Linda C. Cobb, it asterisks. Her website (queenofclean.com) is full of information, looks good and even has a bobble head doll of her Queenship for sale. Moral: Eat neatly or use Zout.

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

I have taken to using bibs for many meals, particularly anything involving spaghetti sauce or salad dressing. Also Chinese food. I also often have a "meal sweatshirt" tucked away, and put it on when I'm eating. Better to let that get stained than the clothes I'll be walking around in.

March 08, 2009 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home