Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yeah, It'll Get Done One Of These Days

I only brought what would fit in two carry-ons when I took my cruise Oct. 14. That's all; if it didn't fit, it didn't go. Normally, it would be just one bag, but since this ship did not have a self-serve laundry, I had to carry enough clothes for the entire cruise. They charge $25/bag for onboard cleaning and everything I wear isn't worth that much together.

So far, I've unpacked half of what I brought... 50%... One bag out of two. Been home four days, so at that rate, it will be Thursday before I get everything back where it belongs. Actually, I plan to do the other bag tonight; bite the bullet, forget everything else and unpack that second, and last, bag. Screw up the courage, remember that wars are won by heroes and not wusses.

But first, maybe a mug of tea.

You have to be careful of people who rush into these things, wild-eyed and not completely in control of themselves. They get home, they unpack, they do the laundry, put the bags away and everything's back to normal. I prefer the quieter, gentler, less spastic way ... it gets done when it gets done; it's my house, not yours, so don't worry about it. If the bags are in the way, just kick them aside; they don't feel pain.

I'll make some tea and then think about getting to that second bag. Wish me luck.

5 Comments:

Anonymous ruthc said...

Sounds like you're ahead of me. I've been back from my cruise for a full week and still haven't finished unpacking. 'course, I took more.

I've still got things from the last two cruises on the dining room table. I'll get to it eventually---it's not as if there's company coming for dinner.

October 29, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Cold Josh Vail said...

Twenty-five bucks, eh? Well I know you enough to say that you are a very meticulous dresser, choosing your daily wardrobe takes at least one cup of tea and choosing your cruising garb ca nbe a major undertaking of up to tw omonths, but for 25 bucks, why don't you hit the local thrift shop, butwhat youneed, which would come out to about 10 bucks, maybe and chuck the items as they get dirty? This way, no hassle in the laundry, you bring home a fairly empty ( and light) bag, you have no laundry to do upon arrival and besides, you'll probably never see these pax again anyway..Hey. Brew-toi une tasse de tea!

Now if I were to cruise..10 days, three pairs of Levis, a dozen T-shirts, one tie, no socks, running shoes and a pair of sandals, sunglasses, four baseball caps and a sweatshirt from L.L. Bean. Chuck the skivvies and the tie and I'd have a fairly light bag to haul.

October 30, 2006 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Mad drummer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 30, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Mad Drummer -

Thanks for the post; I moved it to my own cache of memoribilia. And thanks for the "welcome back." I'd rather be on the ship, but that will come soon enough.

October 30, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-30keyun
lebron 12
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
kate spade handbags
ray ban outlet
instyler
nike roshe run mens
ugg boots
michael kors outlet clearance
north face
michael kors outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
the north face jackets
louis vuitton
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton outlet
true religion
hollister clothing
kate spade outlet
uggs on sale
ugg outlet
hollister kids
michael kors outlet
cheap ugg boots
michael kors
beats by dre outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
coach factory outlet
vans sneakers
retro 11
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
hollister
nfl jerseys
louis vuitton purses
chanel bags
toms outlet
canada goose outlet
nike huarache white

December 30, 2015 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home