Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yeah, It'll Get Done One Of These Days

I only brought what would fit in two carry-ons when I took my cruise Oct. 14. That's all; if it didn't fit, it didn't go. Normally, it would be just one bag, but since this ship did not have a self-serve laundry, I had to carry enough clothes for the entire cruise. They charge $25/bag for onboard cleaning and everything I wear isn't worth that much together.

So far, I've unpacked half of what I brought... 50%... One bag out of two. Been home four days, so at that rate, it will be Thursday before I get everything back where it belongs. Actually, I plan to do the other bag tonight; bite the bullet, forget everything else and unpack that second, and last, bag. Screw up the courage, remember that wars are won by heroes and not wusses.

But first, maybe a mug of tea.

You have to be careful of people who rush into these things, wild-eyed and not completely in control of themselves. They get home, they unpack, they do the laundry, put the bags away and everything's back to normal. I prefer the quieter, gentler, less spastic way ... it gets done when it gets done; it's my house, not yours, so don't worry about it. If the bags are in the way, just kick them aside; they don't feel pain.

I'll make some tea and then think about getting to that second bag. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're ahead of me. I've been back from my cruise for a full week and still haven't finished unpacking. 'course, I took more.

I've still got things from the last two cruises on the dining room table. I'll get to it eventually---it's not as if there's company coming for dinner.

October 29, 2006 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 30, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Mad Drummer -

Thanks for the post; I moved it to my own cache of memoribilia. And thanks for the "welcome back." I'd rather be on the ship, but that will come soon enough.

October 30, 2006 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home