Saturday, October 07, 2006

Let's See... Socks (check), Unders (check) ...

It's just one week before I leave for my cruise and I'm doing a test pack to see how things will work. Looks pretty good for two carry-on bags (there would be just one if the ship had a self-serve laundry) and the longest walk will be from here three blocks to the bus terminal. Although I'd really rather be going north, at least I don't have to carry heavier clothes for what I know happens up there. But, south it is for two cruises; we'll see about the rest when the time comes. (Actually, the 2008 schedule is coming out now.)

There are checklists: Things I want to bring, things I really need to bring, things I must absolutely bring. Then there are things I don't want to know: My radio show; don't tell me how it's going, because there is nothing I can do about it and I really don't care.

I'll be in pirate territory, but just two or three hundred years too late. No Blackbeard, no swords in teeth, guns in hand, big earrings, no "Arrrrr, matey, get ready to meet your Maker."

My ancestors, coming over from England, never had it so good. It's far less exciting these days, but we're far too spoiled to put up with what was normal in the 1500-1600's.

"Arrrr, matey."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you a lot - with winter staring me in the face, I'd MUCH rather be in the Caribbean on a large boat, where the toughest decision I'll make all day is which entree to have at dinner.

Have a good trip, and I will enjoy reading about your adventures! Bon Voyage!

-Helen

October 10, 2006 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home