Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Temperature Dropped Drastically

I can't believe it. I woke up one morning and it was 90 degrees; two mornings later I woke up and it was 45 degrees. Why couldn't the cruise ship just stay in the Caribbean, rather than returning to New York City?

Well, it couldn't, so I'm back here unpacking and doing laundry. I'm also dreaming of days and nights on the high seas, of daytimes in different islands and docking in what I think are calderas -- the very middle of volcanoes that have not done anything in ages (but may still be geologically active).

If you're interested, click on this URL and look for the thread titled:
"Live From The Noordam - Carib."
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

We'll have more, I'm sure.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Tom.

October 26, 2006 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Tom!

October 26, 2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Reading Reader said...

Welcome home,mon amie. The temp thing happened to me coming from Rio to JFK during one January....The change from hot to cold was much harder to adjust to....It was something like 114 in Rio and 25 in New York...with SNOW! I actually shook for a few days as my body adjusted. My tan looked great against the snow, though. Cheers!

October 28, 2006 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home