Friday, October 13, 2006

This Blog Is On Vacation

After 199 consecutive posts, which began April 4, I’m taking time off for my summer vacation. Yeah, "summer vacation." With me, that’s a concept and not a specific time.

"Vacation" means something like "vacate," which is exactly what I will do. When the bus door closes, I put everything local out of my mind. There is nothing I can do about anything, so why bother thinking about it?

The radio program is in the expert hands of broadcast pro Sue Henry; she’s done this before and knows how to read the newspaper for the blind and homebound. My day job will be there and what I did not get done will be waiting for me. Maybe I’ll write my weekly newspaper column from the island of Domenica and e-mail it in; that would be neat. We’re doing a competitive miles-walked thing here and the weekly reporting day will be when I am at St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; I'll send in my miles from there.

If you wish to follow my adventures, my online diary (not terribly serious and not always meant to be taken literally) is at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Click on "Live from the Noordam – Carib." Alternate sub-title will be "The Po' Sidin’ Adventure," in case someone else snags my first choice.

We’ll see you here around Oct. 25 or 26.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the sun, the ship and salt air. I'll enjoy reading your adventures - I always do. Bon Voyage, my friend!

October 14, 2006 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and for those that are interested in keeping up-to-date with our friend at sea, here's the direct link to his CruiseCritic shiplog:
Live from the Noordam - Carib

October 15, 2006 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home