Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ducks United

21 miles a week, one foot after another. Or, maybe that should be "one foot ahead of another," because I'm walking forward. The pedometers we are wearing tell me I average 3 miles a day. I'd have thought I walked only one; this is quite a surprise for such a non-athletic person.

We have this "encourage walking" thing going on at work and quite a few of us are wearing yellow pedometers on our belts (or wherever the ladies keep theirs). There are a bunch of groups here competing: "Film @ 11," for one; "River Street Rollers" for another. "Ducks United" does its part, limited tho it might be -- we had only one member for a while, until someone else asked to join and our board of directors voted 1-0 to admit her. So our group mileage doubled overnight! I don't think any other group could claim a percentage increase like that, either in members or miles walked.

It runs for several more weeks; my vacation occurs during this time. On the 18th, I'll be reporting from St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. My next week's miles will finish while I am steaming along in the Atlantic Ocean.

Now to post this before Thursday runs out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home