Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ducks United

21 miles a week, one foot after another. Or, maybe that should be "one foot ahead of another," because I'm walking forward. The pedometers we are wearing tell me I average 3 miles a day. I'd have thought I walked only one; this is quite a surprise for such a non-athletic person.

We have this "encourage walking" thing going on at work and quite a few of us are wearing yellow pedometers on our belts (or wherever the ladies keep theirs). There are a bunch of groups here competing: "Film @ 11," for one; "River Street Rollers" for another. "Ducks United" does its part, limited tho it might be -- we had only one member for a while, until someone else asked to join and our board of directors voted 1-0 to admit her. So our group mileage doubled overnight! I don't think any other group could claim a percentage increase like that, either in members or miles walked.

It runs for several more weeks; my vacation occurs during this time. On the 18th, I'll be reporting from St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. My next week's miles will finish while I am steaming along in the Atlantic Ocean.

Now to post this before Thursday runs out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cold Josh Vail said...

You will enjoy immensely thewalk from the pier over to Magenta Bay (brign water). You go up, you go down.

Now that three miles per day is deceiving when you figure that you do about a sixth of that just preparing tea, so you should subtract that sixth. However due tot he inclination of the local topography, I'll give you the entire three miles under ''effort furnished'', but not in the total distance. Tea runs do not count.

If anytime you care to up your mileage a bit, come mow my lawn. I'll furnish the tea.

The QM2 left here the other day. That thing is so big that those who on the morning shade side, saw the sunrise an hour later than usual.

October 06, 2006 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home