Sunday, September 10, 2006

Eat Hearty, My Friend; Eat Hearty

I just saw a commercial for what appeared to be a fancy restaurant, preparing a rather nice dish for its patrons. It looks like a great meal in a great place. Turns out it's how well, and with what care, Fancy Feast cat food thinks of your precious kitty.

The music underneath all this? "It had to be you, it had to be you. I wandered around, and finally found - the somebody who / Could make me be true, and could make me be blue / And even be glad, just to be sad - thinking of you." It ends with a happy kitty being stroked by its surrogate mother.

We take good care of our pets. They are fed only the best of food, whispered to, met with smiles at the end of the work day. Unlike our children, in many ways, who we fill with junk food, yell at, often hit, and make fearful when we walk through the door at 5:00pm.

Yes, there is a big difference between pets and children; I know that. We don't hit pets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home