Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

“Actually, it's the dessert that keeps on eating. More on this later.”

(When I write these little teasers, they are actually meant to remind me what I want to talk about. Well, I struck out this time. I don’t have the faintest idea. Let’s see what I can come up with in a desperate attempt to fill this space.)

Jell-O, the ads say: “There’s always room for Jell-O.” That’s true enough; there always is. The stuff is light and has a nice flavor. Unfortunately, there’s always room for a piece of chocolate cake, as well. The room for Jello-O can hold other stuff, as well.

Diet desserts are my downfall. When I’m on the ship and they have the dessert extravaganza (Huh? Isn’t that every night?), there is a table with low-cal and/or no sugar added delights. So I take two. Or three. During the week, I visit the ice cream and yogurt bar and get a plain yogurt (smart choice) then pour everything on it (bad choice).

Sometimes a cook will make the chocolate chip cookies rather small. I like that. I rather prefer them small because, admit it, I can have two or three smaller rather than one large. Soothes the conscience if not the scales.

What I don’t, and never will, understand are people who are trying to lose weight by eating all sorts of junk, then drinking Diet Coke. It’s not going to help, folks; you have to start by avoiding the greasy hamburgers with the cheese. And Boston Cream Pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home