Sunday, December 20, 2009

1,304 And Where Did The Time Go?

One thousand, three hundred and four. That’s a lot of posts in this meandering blog which has no central theme running through it, except it is meant to meander with no central theme. To that extent, it fulfills its purpose. No politics, no rants, just a walk down a country lane chatting about whatever comes up.

Each entry starts with a blank page, topic unknown until I put my fingers on the keyboard. To remind me of what my topic is, when I fall behind, I give it a title and a sentence or two; for you, it’s a teaser and for me it’s a reminder. I’ve been falling behind a lot recently, but my meds just make me more tired than usual.

When will all this end? I don’t know; my radio program for the blind was supposed to last only two semesters when I was a student; it’s been going for just over 35 years. Watch what you start, because you don’t know when, or if, it will ever end. Some things take on a life of their own.

I am proud that this collection of thoughts has been going on since something like April 6, 2006 without interruption (except when I’m on vacation). Each one is 5” long in Times Roman 12-point type as originally composed on a Word document. When I say it’s five inches, I mean just that. Exactly. How it measures on the blog may differ.

1,304. Have I started to run out of ideas? Or is it possible to run out? My mother taught me to look at the tiny things, because we can miss so much. I continue to look.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Hi-Five to you Tom, again....Don't let the man getcha.

Exit 318

December 22, 2009 11:16 AM  
Anonymous ruthc said...

Call Me Unreliable will never be your theme song.

December 22, 2009 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a good and a talented man. It's been my extreme pleasure to get to know you.

December 24, 2009 2:01 PM  
Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Congratulations on this milestone. Here's to the next 1,304!

December 27, 2009 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home