Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Vacuum Cleaner Dust

I empty my vacuum cleaner weekly. This will come as a surprise to people who have been in my room a lot, one which, if ransacked, I’d never know.

Two apartments share this K-Mart machine and it works well; one day a week for both. Then I empty it. I suppose I could let it go for several weeks, but I don’t like the dirt container to start filling up. I don’t know; it just doesn’t seem like a good thing. Cuts down on the suction maybe; or perhaps just me.

Then I take a small paint brush and work on the filter up top. I don’t know how this thing works, but apparently the dirt and junk is sucked up to it and only the air passes through. That’s how it seems to work. I should check it out some day when I’m not trying to catch up on these blogs. If that ever happens.

So there is a lot of stuff, dry wispy stuff, sticking to the filter. It’s sort of caked there in layers and I think the suction would work much better without it. After all, as noted above, this was sold at K-Mart and not at some industrial supply company. You get what you pay for and I didn’t pay much.

The small and gentle paint brush does a good job. I clean the filter down to its surface, carefully taking all the mysterious floor sweepings off. “What are these and why do they stick together like some insect’s web?” I wonder. It looks like a close-up nature film of a nesting place. I wonder if a sharp photo would win me a prize?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time to do all of that?

Ms. Victoria Lawn

December 19, 2009 8:26 AM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

I think the original Ms. Victoria Lawn's mother taught me that.

December 20, 2009 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home