Saturday, October 17, 2009

My In-Car Tea Mug Quit On Me

I have an out-and-back ride twice a week, each segment being fifteen minutes. Not anything to write home about for you people, but I hate being in a car. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. So to make the trip enjoyable, I bring along a heatable mug of tea. It plugs into the cig lighter and stays hot for the trip up and, an hour later, the trip back.

Got all set for the return trip last week and it just didn’t seem to make speed. It was connected to the lighter plug ok, but it was only warm and didn’t get any better all the way home. Tried it again this week with the same results, which worried me as I look forward to sipping the only beverage that God invented. Or so I hear.

The thing has got to be busted and I’ll have to check out the stores and see where it came from. I didn’t buy it, so it’s off to K-Mart and other equally fine stores. I don’t patronize W-Mart because of several practices they have, so I’ll have to poke around elsewhere. It’s a “Totes,” which is a good brand of anything and I don’t want junk.

“Creature Comfort” or “Anti-Anxiety” drink? “Memories of Being Eight with My Own Pink Cup” or “Oral Gratification”? I’m not that deep; I just want some tea in the car.

I also like some little bit of a thing to chew on. Now, that is something for a shrink to discuss with me: Maybe a fear of the car breaking down between here and Exeter (I could walk back, honest to goodness, as Mom would say), being lost in a snowdrift and not being found for days, or being eaten by a bear.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a time for that to happen! I mean oil is $80.00/barrel, the Patriots lost a game lately,some guy who owns Le Cercle du Soleil just got back from outer space, for the water cause he says, and the price of his trip did not even pout a dent in his bank account and now your Tea Mug conks out...Where are we headed here?

Next thing that could possibly hapen, Wal-Mart builds yet another store! (I do not blame you for boycotting W-M, I do too, except for overnight parking with our camper)

Exit 318

October 20, 2009 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check this link:
http://www.amazon.com/Heated-Auto-Mug-by-totes/dp/B000ZMM6R8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1256133106&sr=8-6

October 21, 2009 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home