Friday, October 09, 2009

113 Million Web Logs

A blog (a contraction of the term "weblog") is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. [Wikipedia]

Simple enough. So here we are, but not with an audience of one. Maybe just a few people who feel like leaving comments, but I’ve learned many more are out there.

I’ve learned that if you concentrate on home matters, it’s called a momblog. For legal matters, it’s a blawg. This little spot on the dial is “Things At King’s,” which has nothing to do with King’s College, subtitled “Life On North Franklin,” likewise chronicling nothing that happens on North Franklin Street. But it sounded good.

Dutifully, I try to update each day. Ha. Sometimes that works, but all too often I get caught behind and either put up a teaser (which is actually a reminder to me about the topic I was thinking about) or just fall behind. I’d rather be on time, but only Mussolini made the blogs run on time and even that wasn’t true.

So here I sit, 11:03pm on Sunday, October 11, hoping to catch up with a few more observations on the passing scene. Between this and being a columnist for a local newspaper, I manage to turn out quite a few words every week. Right now, it’s time to leave and take care of my vacationing friend’s cat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats from us in Québec:

Exit-318

Ms. Victoria Lawn aka Madame Poutine.

& CJV

October 12, 2009 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home