Friday, September 19, 2008

My Little Island House

There's an island I'd love to live on.

I’ve seen a lot of places that would be nice, but this one intrigues me. Or, it’s the latest one to intrigue me. I like places that are small, different and maybe a little isolated. That probably says something about me and any shrinks who read this are welcome to comment. Not that I will care a bit what they may say.

If you are ever on a cruise, when you dock in Halifax, Nova Scotia, look across from the dock and you'll see the nicest little island, complete with its own harbor light. Down at the left there is a house just ready for me to take up residence (assuming it's not already being used for something else, like storing explosives).

I spent some time looking at the island this last trip, figuring out how I could buy the house and fix it up. There's a dock at the north end; I could have a little boat with a 15hp motor to get me anywhere in the harbor I needed to be. Perhaps I could plant a little vegetable garden out back, maybe even have a flagpole.

You can do a lot with your own little island, even if all you have it a little plot with a small house on it and the Province owns the rest of it. They could probably use a caretaker out there. Yeah, that's a great idea.

Would you wave to me from the outside deck?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that island. Net place. Wonder why Wal-Mart and promoters haven't developped it yet

CJV

September 21, 2008 3:00 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

No parking area.

September 21, 2008 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home