Sunday, January 13, 2008

Preventing Snow Storms

It’s supposed to snow tonight, overnight. That is, to my mind, quite remarkable and against all odds. You see, a friend of mine just bought a snowblower, small though it might be, and we all know the deal: buy a pair of skis or a snowblower and you won’t see the white stuff for the rest of the winter.

We’re not supposed to get much, but at least it’s a chance to use the blower and check out how it works. Also, where my friend lives they usually get two or three times the snow we get down here.

I’m no longer in the habit of looking forward to snow storms (age??), but this time I’d like a few inches just to see how see how the machine works. I know; new toy.

Everybody has a story.
Jack Brod, 98, passed away the other day. He was the Empire State Building’s last original tenant, as the Empire Diamond and Gold Buying Service. He liked to say he was on King Kong’s greeting committee and used to offer an engagement ring that “costs you nothing if she dumps you within 60 days.”

John Mattie wanted a 32” television set. So he forced his way into Scott Gemberling’s residence and stole his tv while he was sitting in front of it watching a show.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Carten, this reminds me of a family joke about a cousin in Naugatuck, CT who bought a snowblower on sale at Sears, and the warranty was up and he hadn't even fired it up.

We had two 18'' storms, plus a few 6''-8'' flurries and up until the January thaw, we could not see the road from the house. I cleared the snow off the roof once already, skiing is great, no mosquitos and guess what? One (1) day of school closings.

ColdJoshVail

January 14, 2008 6:22 AM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Our predicted snow storm went out to sea. Let me tell you, I drove to the shore, plugged in an extension cord and waded out about a hundred feet. But there was no accumulation.

I'm waiting for later in the week when we are due to get another one.

January 14, 2008 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just let these snowstorms get out and get gone. Someone has a cruise to head off to and there can't be any delays in reaching port.

January 14, 2008 8:05 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Your cruise, my cruise, or are we both going somewhere soon?

January 14, 2008 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cruise, my cruise, or are we both going somewhere soon?

Both. :))
You go your way, and I'll go mine.

January 15, 2008 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home