Friday, January 04, 2008

"Forward If You Love Jesus"

Whenever I get a FWD: FWD: FWD: e-mail, I drop down to the bottom to see if I'm supposed to return it to the person who sent it to me. If so, I dutifully hit the "reply" button and then delete it unread. I mean, it didn't say "read this piece of glurge"; it said, "return this to the person who sent it to you." I am nothing if not obedient. They're happy, I'm happy and it's time for tea.

I'd prefer that notation be at the top of the message, so I could get through the process quicker and not have to scroll all the way down to see what will happen to me if I don't follow up on the instructions.

Suggested format, right at the top:

CHECK ALL APPLICABLE
[ ] Send to five people in the next five minutes
[ ] Forward if you love Jesus
[ ] Delete if you love the Devil
[ ] If you are not a Christian, send it anyway
[ ] Send it back so I know you read this
[ ] Annoy everyone on your address list
[ ] Something bad will happen if you don't send this
[ ] I tried this and it works!
[ ] Other

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, Carten, play a round of golf or something

January 04, 2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Golf? You kidding? Too cold for that; my balls might shatter.

I got the idea because I just offed a message that said I love Jesus if I forward it, but I love the devil if I delete it.

I'm not sure if the Almighty gives a funning ruck about e-mail.

January 04, 2008 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home