Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Get Out Of Hell Free

"Monopoly" only gets you out of jail; these go all the way. What are they? My favorite, carry around with me at all times, “Get Out Of Hell Free” cards.

You can do worse than give someone a guaranteed salvation ticket. No matter how badly they’ve lived their lives, take this with them on their way to the judgement and they are safe for eternity. Or, as the publisher says, “Sin all you want; we’ll print more.” Bank tellers, waiters and anyone who deals with the public just love them.

There have been something lime 1.3+ million cards Randy Cassingham has sold at goohf.com, and they’ve been very popular with recipients who have been a wit’s end during a bad day. Randy’s other site is “This Is True” (ThisIsTrue.com), which sends out stories of really dumb people doing really dumb things, weekly. It’s free.

At the newspaper, where I am a music columnist, the mailing room crew and the contract drivers who get the papers out to the carriers most all have these. Usually, they let me know who needs them the most and, as I carry four with me, I can oblige with no difficulty at all. At the Citizens’ Voice, everyone gets saved.

Actually, I do hope that everyone gets saved (well, ok, often I have reservations about the Nazis and others like that, but it’s not up to me). Handing out these “Get Out Of Hell Free” cards is a lot of fun, for me and the people who get them. Only one couple refused; they said they were born-again Christians and had no use for it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have my card
D

June 11, 2010 8:50 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Did I give it to you? I have lots more about this thing as soon as I can write the blog, but I gotta go out now.

June 11, 2010 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home