Saturday, May 29, 2010

Has It Been 13 Years?

Yeah. Thirteen already; seems like seven since Mom (as they say) left us. My brother and I have another take on that one: we both have a very deeply-felt knowledge she never did leave. She’s just on the other side of our reality and still very much a part of our lives. Just in a different way and unique for each.

I think it would be nice if I were in what we refer to as “the afterlife” being able to watch over people who need our help and reaching out to provide it.

I just have a thing about “afterlife.” After usually means separate from whatever went on, and not a continuation of. From what I’ve read of the nation’s most serious researcher in the near-death experience (Dr. Kenneth Ring), there is no “after,” but simply a continuation without the slightest bump in the road.

The only “after” is when we let go of our bodies which can no longer contain the real us. While everyone is standing around crying, we are loosed to the most glorious part of life. “Stop crying! It’s great where I am!” My parents had a rough time here and there, and I am certain all is great now, so why get all upset? They’re waiting for me.

When I need something done that a mother, mine especially, would provide, all I need to do is ask. In an instant, I have the answer or the difficulty solved. That’s after I’ve done all I can, exhausted all possibilities, given up hope. Then she steps in. Call it what you will; I say it’s a parent helping her kid.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You nailed it.......

Thanks for the thoughts......

Yo' Bro

May 29, 2010 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home