Saturday, June 12, 2010

Do I Have Everything? Am I Sure?

Now it’s panic time. The cruise is exactly one week away and I have to make sure I have remembered everything. I have a list, checked it twice, but you know…

I forgot my suit coat and my “after six” shirts and ties. They just weren’t on the “pack” list, which is checked off, followed by a “packed” check when it’s done. So they have been added and I’m ok there. Meds? They rate a red card on my carry-on bag. So does my cellphone and its charger. How did my 1639 ancestors do without?

When Mom and I used to go to Alaska, we would actually show each other our ship documents, our airline tickets and whatever else we needed the night before we left. Or was it that morning? None of this, “Oh, it’s in my jacket pocket.” No; it’s right HERE in my hand, see it? I recommend that to anyone, even if you show it to yourself solo.

The heaviest object is my pair of binoculars. The lightest? A hanky, perhaps, clean and unused. I have to go through everything again and see if there is stuff I can eliminate. Some stupid TSA idiot in Montreal demanded to know why, if I was on a cruise, did I have only one small bag. You don’t talk back to a guy with more power than brains.

By this time next week, I will be there, safe and sound, on a lovely Holland America Line ship. Actually, since I am way behind on these blogs, it’s only a matter of five calendar days. I want to get caught up on these and then take a two week vacation from blogging, although you will probably see me on the Cruise Critic board. More on that later.

3 Comments:

Blogger me ann my camera said...

Welcome to Canada, especially the Maritimes! I haven't seen mention of your camera on your checklist. You can't vacation in our beautiful scenic country without one.
"bon voyage".
Freddie in N. B., Canada

June 15, 2010 11:45 AM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

I have taken so many photos and so much video I think I could make a tv show out of it.

What I'm picking up these past many visits are music cd's with the help of the locals.

June 15, 2010 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you there ,10:00 sharp, Friday, June 25 ......Exit 318

June 16, 2010 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home