Thursday, March 04, 2010

I'm Legal! At Least, My Car Is

How I forgot to get my car registered, when the application was right in front of me for two months, is a mystery.

Then I had two weeks after the new registration arrived to get it inspected. As you saw earlier, I ran into some complications. Well, first I forgot about it. Then the snow and the garage not being open on Sundays.

Finally, I got it taken care of and I’m legal to be on the road – at least until April 13, or somewhere around that time. My license is up for renewal and I really should get to it before I forget and become a guest of the county (known as “three hots and a cot”) for a day or two until someone makes bail.

Speaking of being legal, I ran across my first FCC engineer’s license the other day. Passed the exam in 1969 or early 1970. It allows me to operate, maintain or oversee any type of transmitting device in the country. It was also an extraordinarily difficult license to pass, in two parts (Second Class, First Class).

I’m legal for the Amateur Radio bands, as well. Same deal as the Commercial FCC license: All amateur privileges that exist now and may exist in the future, unlimited. But it sure took a lot of work to get to this point. Not too many people hold both licenses.

These days, I also need a background check to show I’m not a pervert. I’m not?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Q: Find anything wrong with it? They usually do!

March 05, 2010 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home