Friday, August 24, 2007

From A To Zzzz

It’s one of those late evenings when I fall lightly asleep at the keyboard while wondering what to write as my daily blog.

You probably know what it’s like: You are sitting here, then you are thinking of strange things and realize that you’ve been out for a matter of minutes. So you rev up again and try to think of a topic that you haven’t covered in the nearly 500 days since you started the project.

Then you wake up again.

Is it normal to drop into dream-sleep that quickly? Or do I have it down to a fine art? Regardless, the movie show starts pretty quickly as I nod off here. Sometimes, fairly often actually, I dream I’m on the cruise ship for my next trip in about five months and two days. After I run over to the newspaper to get tomorrow’s edition, I’ll see what dreamtime brings.

Everybody has a story.
George Triffon, a trumpet player, passed away recently. He played with the touring Count Basie Orchestra, was a member of the Merv Griffin Show’s studio orchestra, along with being part of the Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Les Brown and Lionel Hampton bands. He was also at the Copacabana, backing people like Frank Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Paul Anka, Tony Bennett, Nat Cole and Pearl Bailey. He was also in the pit band for many successful Broadway shows. [Source: NY Times]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home