Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Nice Piece Of Tail

And a cute pussy to go along with it.

Now that I’ve had shared custody of a cat for a bunch of years, I’ve noticed a few cat things that escaped me before.

When they are confident and unafraid, they walk around with their tails straight up in the air. Got to be a reason for this and maybe I should pause here to find out. [pause] Ok, I did a search and didn’t find out any more than I’ve learned from living with a cat.

Upright tail equals happy cat. End-of-tail twitch is curious. Full-tail wave is “keep away, and don’t you dare do to me whatever you are planning on doing.”

The slowly-waving tail I’ve only seen when I’m getting her breakfast or supper ready (or twice-daily treats) and she is waiting with a modicum of patience. The whole tail sort of switches back and forth in happy anticipation.

Cat sitting up, tail wrapped around it, looking out the window, is pondering the mysteries of the universe. You will never know the results of this meditation, as these are The Secrets Of The Cat, unknown to all but God.

On occasion, I wonder what she might do with a prehensile tail, like a monkey. Would she hang from a cabinet handle and get into the canned food while I put it in the bowl?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so bad- its good

August 14, 2007 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of like...anyone want to try some of my Hot Nuts...funny stuff.

August 17, 2007 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder if the female cat realizes that her tail is giving away her moods? Macho male cats would thrive on it, but I doubt very much that the female would like to reveal her feelings so openly....unless she's mad, but then she don' need to shake her tail to let you know

August 20, 2007 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home