Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thoughts In No Particular Order

Today is Mom’s tenth anniversary. Ten years; you wonder how it got to be that long ago when it doesn’t feel that way. Next year, it will be my father’s 25th. We are residents of this planet for a period of time, and then we move on to the ultimate stage of life.

The LifeFlight helicopter just made a pick-up. I heard it going overhead to one of the usual landing spots then, a bit later, lifting off and passing by again. A person, whose night started off pretty bad, will end up in good shape because of it.

I saw a bird on a statue, while watching a tv show. Some birds started out as cliff dwellers, at home among the rocky crags. When they moved to the cities, they didn’t just change their habits; they still go for the cliffs, but now they are tall buildings and statues.

Don’t hide your children; I just received my “never touched a kid” clearance to work in a school. They’re nice, but not really of any use: most pedophiles don’t have a previous record. But it’s the popular thing to do these days and makes people feel secure.

Really should visit a friend’s remains in a local cemetery. He’s not there, of course, as he has gone on to glory and we will meet again some day. I saw him late in the game at the nursing home and told him to head for the light. But I will drop by this week.

I’m still dreaming about being on the cruise ship Noordam. If this keeps up, there will be a lot of them, as my next planned cruise isn’t until Oct. ’08. Although, my travel agent is keeping an eye out for last-minute fire sales late this year. If the price is right – hey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home