Sunday, March 18, 2007

Somewhere, It's Midnight

The “Jeopardy!” post, just below, was supposed to be posted on Saturday, but ended up early Sunday morning. I didn’t want to break my record of posting every day (except for my vacation).

Then constant reader Ruth sent a note: “The day/date showing on the blog page has nothing whatsoever to do with what ‘day’ it was posted. A ‘day’ begins when you get out of bed and ends when you climb back into bed. The time showing on the clock has nothing! to do with it.”

My day begins at 9:45 a.m. (wait just a moment before you get envious) and ends at 2:00 a.m., maybe a bit later. Generally, about 7 ½ hours of sleep, just on a different time line than most people.

When I’d be visiting my parents, I’d get up fairly early for me and find mom and my brother playing cards at the kitchen table. Their day began much earlier, but also ended much earlier. My brother retires about four hours earlier than me and that’s how his clock works.

Mom used to go out side and wake up the birds. You’d hear, “chirp chirp #%&*% chirp” and know she had just knocked them out of their nests. Next, the squirrels, to which she would say, “You got a problem with that?”

What time is it? Depends on who you ask.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Carten said...

I did think of "It's 5:00 somewhere," but was not thinking of a country music song.

March 18, 2007 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home