Monday, August 28, 2006

You Guys Both Claimed The Green? Uh....

I was minding my own business Saturday night, actually thirty minutes into Sunday morning, driving down North Washington Street. The green traffic light for intersecting East Jackson Street turned yellow and the car somewhat ahead of me jumped our red light a bit -- as a car on Jackson tried to squeeze out the last remaining second of his yellow light.

Someone wrote that the electrons surrounding their atoms are so small and so far from the parent atom that it would be like a few bees buzzing around the inside of St. Paul's Cathedral in London. An atom is almost totally empty space; theoretically, objects should pass easily through each other.

I heard brakes squeal and metal hit metal. I kept my distance and watched the scene; when I went past, I got the offender's license plate. So I went on my way and will check with the police later today. If the drivers filed a report and both claimed to have had the green light, I can say, "No, neither had the green. One jumped the red before it changed and the other went through the oldest yellow in the city."

If the cops remind me I left the scene of an accident, I'll just remind them that it was 12:30 in the morning, in one of the less-desirable parts of town, the two cars have gone somewhere, I don't have a cell phone and no desire to be the guest of honor at a memorial service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home