Tuesday, July 25, 2006

When I Do It, There's A Reason...

...anyone else, they're just idiots.

I was here in my Philosopher's Stance (seated at my desk, hot steaming mug of tea at the ready, soft jazzy music playing in the background, cat curled up on her perch in the window at the back of my desk).

Carefully pondering the mysteries of the universe, so I might post my conclusions here, I noticed that what I do makes sense -- but when others do the same things, it's because they are flat-out idiots.

When I am looking for something as I drive along (a house, a cross street, for instance), I will naturally slow down. Do you expect me to go full-blast and still find what I am looking for? But let someone else go creeping along --"idiot!"-- and we suddenly forget that it makes sense when we do it.

I think it's so funny. When I see someone doing something dumb, I think, "Is this something I do??" Yeah, probably ... I'm what they call an idiot for doing what other people have a good cause.

One person's good reason is another's stupidity; one’s stupidity is another's good reason.

Maybe there will be The Great Day when we will understand why someone did that apparently stupid thing, and they will find out that what we did wasn't so dumb after all. We’ll probably all be pretty surprised.