Friday, July 09, 2010

For More Details...

Here’s where you can read the diary of my trip. It is helpful if you can separate the wheat from the chaff, the truth from the b.s.

www.cruisecritic.com then click on “Boards,” upper left corner. You’ll get a whole load of cruise lines, but in the first bunch click on “Holland America Line.” I’m on page 9 by this time and dropping rapidly. The thread is “LIVE from the Maasdam (by tomc).” BTW: I’m the one who began the “Live From” concept. Thank you.

So many people, especially women of a certain age, have told me they won’t go on a cruise because (a) it’s too confining, (b) they are afraid of water, (c) they were in a friend’s rowboat at the shore and it got rough.

I tell them, “When you finally get dragged up the gangplank, kicking and screaming, then find out what a cruiseship is like, you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.” They always reply, “That’s what everybody tells me.” To which I say, “Well? Do you think they might have a point?”

This brings to an end my comments on places I visited, times I had. For more details, I direct you to the blog; it’s fun reading. I’ve done three of these before at various intervals, then one this year and will let it settle for a while.

And each entry finished with, “This post came to you live from the Maasdam.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home