Friday, May 07, 2010

I Think My Apartment Was Ransacked

Chances are, it wasn’t. But it sure looks that way. Trouble is, how could anyone tell? It always looks as if someone came in, messed the place up and ran off.

My room, my lifestyle. Well, it’s not really that bad, but you can see it from there. I do have a place for everything and it’s rather orderly, much to everyone’s surprise. I have two places for my dictionaries and other reference books; another spot for magazines, a filing cabinet for articles I’ve written and saved and things you keep in filing cabinets.

My little “studio” for pre-producing the radio program for the blind I do (the final product is in a larger studio) is on another desk; the entertainment center is in one spot and the remotes stay right there and nowhere else. My kitchenette has everything where it should be. But other things … well … that’s what floors are for.

One boss I had long ago kept on me for the condition of my desk, piled high and long with stuff. But when he wanted something, I had it. I was a pack rat until he had a need, then I was his favorite stationery store, hardware store, five-and-dime. And I knew where everything was, much to his chagrin.

My radio studio is neat and orderly, because there is no time to be thinking about where stuff is when you are on the air. Everything has a place and I can grab it quickly. Nothing is in the way, nothing is on top or underneath anything else. See? I really can do it when I have to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can personally vouch about the radio station and your appartment, the only difference is .. there's nothing but a table and two chairs at the station, but I think if you put your mind to it, you could find a way to make it look like a thrift shop warehouse...

BUT, as long as you know wher everything lis located....after all, they're your digs.

Besides if there ever was a home invasion, they'd probably walk out, convinced that someone else hadjust passed by.

Exit 318

May 12, 2010 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home