Thursday, May 20, 2010

What's Fascinating About You?

Some years ago, I realized everyone has something fascinating about them. Trouble is, we don’t pick up on our own stuff.

One of my friends quilts; not only that, but she has had one of her works one a traveling tour around the state and then on exhibit in Philadelphia. I don’t think many people know just how fascinating she is, because she doesn’t look it. And I wonder if she knows it. After all, how many people you know have quilts on display like that?

Some people have artistic talents like my friends. Others have traveled widely to places unknown and bring back stories of people we will never meet. Friends of mine can fix anything and tell me about it in the process; fascinating. Others could read a telephone book and keep me transfixed.

I could listen to anyone who really knows their stuff and can present it in words I’m able to understand. Doesn’t matter what it is: could be the art of creating a painting, working on a fishing boat or producing a news program. When you hear someone who has done it, their “daily, non exciting” work becomes fascinating to you.

All you have to do is find it. It’s there, no matter how well you know the dullest person. Everyone is fascinating, or has some neat talent you never knew existed. All you have to do is listen. Really listen. Hear the stories, imagine the setting. There are so many stories out there just waiting to be told.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone once said that when a person dies, a library burns down.

I write my stories, in two languages, and am being pestered to put them in book form, but my pleasure is just sharing them.

Sharing your moments with those who you believe will appreciate them and then receiving a positive reply, kinda makes your day.

Besides if I did a book I'd have to proofread it.ARRGGHH

You're so right about fascination..

Ms. Victoria Lawn

May 21, 2010 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home