Thursday, June 18, 2009

Class Reunions, Or, What's Your Name?

You haven't changed at all.

(Well, that’s very nice of you. If the truth be known, I haven’t the faintest idea who you are and you can’t remember me. It’s been 50 years, you know, and you’re no longer the handsome, well-cut high school senior you once were.) Thanks; nice to know I’ve still got it.

Yep, haven’t changed a bit.

(I think this is the blowhard who ran for office based on his good looks and reputation for getting good girls into his bedroom, and bad girls into trouble. Never could trust him; I wonder what racket he’s into now?) Good genes, I guess.

What’ve you been doing these days, old pal?

(Avoiding you, for one thing, you empty-headed, girl-bedding slob.) Working in the communications industry. And you?

Well, between jobs right now. I’ve been doing this and that, and I decided to take a break to consider several options that came my way.

(Ha! Got fired from every one, I’ll bet. There’s always Kelly Temps.) That’s good; take time, look for the best. Think I’ll mingle around now; take care.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a crush - a serious crush - on a beautiful girl named Nancy. She went out with the A-Team. On a good day, I was the C-Team. She lived down the street from me; I could actually see her house as I came down the stairs from the front of my house. I took that crush with me through high school and then college. I didn't see her from the day we graduated from high school until decades later. Those decades were not kind - to either of us, truth be told. I'm reminded of a song I heard years ago: Thank God for unanswered prayers.

June 18, 2009 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best advice about reunions.....Stay away!

You meet someone and if you have not seen the person since graduation or your discharge from the Armed forces, after five minutes there is nothing more to say.

Exit 318

June 19, 2009 6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

20151020 junda W
michael kors uk
cheap ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Luxury Official Website
michael kors bags
Buy Kobe Shoes Online Discount
ugg outlet store
canada goose jackets
abercrombie
Abercrombie T-Shirts
Coach Outlet Store Online Handbags Clearance
burberry outlet
Cheap Jordans For Sale Wholesale
michale kors outlet
canada goose jackets
New Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet online
Oakley Vault Outlet Store Online
ugg australia
michael kors outlet sale
michael kors handbag
Abercrombie And Fitch Kids Online
fit flops
hollister clothing store
Hollister Clothes for Girls Website
Michael Kors Online Outlet Shop
Coach Factory Outlet Private Sale
Coach Factory Outlet Private Sale
Canada Goose,Canada Goose Outlet,Canada Goose Jackets,Canada Goose Sale
ray ban sunglasses

October 20, 2015 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home