Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How Can I Get So Far Behind?

Not only this blog, but putting laundry away, cleaning my room and getting to bed on time. I’ve promised someone I would put my closed in order many weeks ago; it’s still the same old mess. I’ve got clothes that haven’t quite made it to a hangar. This blog still runs late, despite my best efforts to keep it up to date.

It’s not because I watch too much television; I’m committed only to The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Maybe it’s because there is too much to do.

The closet; the clothes; the blog; a lot of other things – I come to my room and they are there: monsters staring me in the face, from one side of the room to another.

Luckily, with a change in my position, I can get rid of a lot of stuff previously assigned to me and that clears up two desk drawers, a box under my desk and a growing pile of paper next to it. (I do a lot from my room, rather than having to trot down to the office; there are good reasons for this.)

Is there a blog in this series called “Butt First” or “Going Through Life Butt First?” It’s when we have something to do, but first … and before we can do that, but first. There are a dozen things to do “but first” before we get to the task at hand.

I have to finish this piece, but first I need to prep my radio show, but first my mug of tea needs to be warmed, but first I gotta visit the bathroom…

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You promised your Mother in 1952 that you'd clean up your room...

I rest my case.......

Exit 318

June 19, 2009 6:12 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

I didn't say when.

June 19, 2009 11:11 PM  
Anonymous ruthc said...

You have to ask yourself "What's the worst that can happen if I don't clean my room?" Unless the answer comes back "The Board of Health will condemn the place.", then it doesn't need cleaning.

June 20, 2009 10:50 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Actually, I have a friend who is a health inspector. I invited him to my place and said, "How do you like my digs?" He said, "Real nice place you have." No other comment.

I have told people, who don't understand my "filing system" that the health inspector had no problems with it, and neither should they.

June 21, 2009 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try bringing over a health inspector who is NOT your friend

Awww, parts is parts, as long as you know where your stuff is at, you're all right.

Ruth,that place is such a mess that even the mice are using a GPS

LOL

Exit 318

June 21, 2009 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home