Sunday, May 24, 2009

Have You Met My Twin?

A good many years ago, and I mean a good many, someone told me we have an identical “twin” somewhere in the world. A person who looks exactly like us. Could have been my mother, passing on a tidbit of information she learned as a child, back when there were far fewer people on this planet.

Anyway, for a short while, I thought I had found him, right in our small village. For a year or two, Rick Pelligrino (or was it Pelligrini?) and I could barely be told apart. But that doesn’t seem to match the “somewhere there’s a twin” theory.

I can eliminate obvious places with racial differences: China, for instance, with its 1.3 billion people; North and South Korea’s 70 million; Japan’s 128 million; most of Africa, as well as several other entities.

Maybe Rick wasn’t such a bad guess after all; wouldn’t it be ironic if my worldwide “twin” lived just four streets away?

So, my brother supposedly has a twin out there walking around the planet. That’s two of us. Maybe I can find someone who is a dead ringer for our parents. Line ‘em up and make a family portrait; better still, line up all eight of us in varying positions.

Moms, Dads, Jims, Toms. -- Mom, Dad, Jim, Tom, Tom, Jim, Dad, Mom. – By height, highest at the ends, smallest in the middle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I really want a twin? LOL

Exit 318

May 27, 2009 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home