Monday, February 02, 2009

1,000 Blog Posts

April 4, 2006, was nearly three years ago; I understand that, in the blogosphere, many such musings have come and gone since then. The average is about six months, so I hear, and the average number of readers is between one (the blogger) and ten (his or her close friends).

I never did put a counter on this site because I didn’t want to become disappointed or boastful. “Let it run,” I figured, “and like a bus, people can jump on and off where they will.” Maybe there’s the oft-quoted ten, or less, and perhaps there are dozens dropping in on a daily basis. Whoever: welcome to the party.

Let me tell you how I manage this particular spot in the universe:

First, it’s designed to be a quiet, safe spot where we can just walk along a country road and talk about whatever happens to catch our interest at the moment.

Second, I never know what I will write about until I put my fingers to the keyboard. It just flows, this conversation, this monologue in my mind. Spontaneity is a good thing and planning too closely can really mess up the writing process.

Third, I print each week’s output as a record of where I’ve been, what my mind’s been up to. A thousand blogs is 500 pages, but I’ve no interest in holding a book signing at the local B&N. I hope someone will preserve my ramblings when I am gone.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saved they are..........Exit 318.

CJV called me, told me to check out your special blog.

CONGRATS.....your fingers, the estuaries of your mind, do good work.

February 02, 2009 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great mind therapy!

February 03, 2009 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ramblings take me to places I didn't know exist. I am wide-eyed with delight.
It's a pleasant stroll indeed.

February 04, 2009 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BD!

I Hope This Works!- Its' not Barnes and Nobel- but you can create your legacy daily- plus I know that there are at least 2 other copies!

L

April 18, 2009 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home