Friday, January 30, 2009

Laid End To End

The Food Network just showed a corn dog factory and the owner said their daily output, if laid back to back, could circle the world 1.something times with a few dogs left over. Or was that their yearly output? I can’t see one day’s work being able to cross the Atlantic, much less sections of China and the endless boredom of Nebraska.

If all the college students in Philosophy 101 were laid end to end, I’m sure they’d be a lot more comfortable. Especially with a little warm milk and dim lighting.

I’ve heard of some products that would, if laid end-to-end, would reach the moon and halfway back. Exactly how these items would be stacked is a mystery to me and, given that NASA can’t even launch one of those giant rockets in a thunderstorm, how it would be done in bad weather.

I’m waiting to hear from someone who knows, if anyone really does, just how far all the sands in the world would reach if laid in this time-honored fashion.

How many flapjacks? Automobiles? Starbucks, fast food restaurants, gas stations and convenience stores all together?

If, laid end-to-end, how far would you get if you put together members of every religion that battled every other religion over the years? Just for fun, include those who condemned the others to hell. Just for fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

I have never had a corn dog in my life. I really feel like I'm missing something.

I once mused on what the world would be like if the body of every person who had ever died by violence were to remain, immovable and undecomposed, where it fell. We would have a three-dimensional histogram of conflict and violence for all the world to ponder.

February 01, 2009 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home