Sunday, October 26, 2008

But What Can You Do?

Ok, if you listen to the political ads, Senator Obama is an inexperienced Marxist Muslim candidate for a presidency he can’t handle.

On the other hand, Senator McCain is a third term for the most incompetent president we’ve seen in ages and will carry on his bias for the rich.

So we know pretty much what the candidates can’t do, aren’t able to accomplish, have done in their past lives – all from the other candidate’s headquarters.

I really don’t give a rat’s ass. What I want to know is: What can they do; what can you do? You can’t even have a run for office locally without hearing how incompetent your opposition is. So? So what can you do? Tell me.

These end-of-campaign ads have made me aware of just how much I don’t like people distracting me by pointing out how others are idiots. Yes, some people *are* idiots; there’s no getting away from that. As a friend used to say, “There are more horses’ asses in this world than there are horses.”

But I really don’t want to know how bad people are. If you are running for office, just tell me what you bring to the table. If all you bring is mud, that’s pretty much all I think I can expect from you after you start work. If you bring me past accomplishments to show future promise, that’s great. Tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home