Friday, October 24, 2008

#900

REALLY?? Yeah, really. 900 posts to this blog without missing a day, except during vacations. I never thought there were nine hundred things I could talk about, but apparently there have been.

I can’t talk about my time at Notre Dame football games, during three years in grad school there, because I never went. The one time I actually entered the stadium was when I visited the ABC facilities as they set up to televise a game; for me, that was the exciting moment – not any ND touchdowns. It was actually the day before the game.

Wonder if I ever mentioned my VW Karman Ghia? The car that couldn’t do over 70mph if you pushed it off the Empire State Building.

Then there’s the question of why cars crash when they hit each other. If you know anything about atoms, that’s a real question and something worth talking about. Or, at least, bringing up in a daily blog to show you why.

Everybody has a story.
Eric Boyden, of the Toronto area, died recently.
"...He collected aluminum storm doors, insulation, and never lost his love of trips to the dump. He could build, fix or dismantle anything. During his last days, Eric talked of his early basketball playing and trips on the Queen car to Eaton's. A last request was to visit a hardware store. He was generous to many, but not all."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

REALLY?? Yeah, really. 900 posts to this blog without missing a day, except during vacations.

900. Some more thought-provoking than others. Some funnier than others. But all worth reading. Here's to the next 900. :))
Really.

October 25, 2008 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#902 (Ruth, you stole my #901_

Yeah Tom, congrats. Great devotion here and I can see that it runs in the family as your brother told me that he'd be back on line just as soon as he has found a new hard disk. The autumn monster collection is this week and he'll be out scrounging. He has six computers in his cellar, none work, but he's on a mission to build one that won'tcosthim a cent.

CJV

October 26, 2008 6:23 AM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

It's 900 of my posts, not 900 replies.

October 26, 2008 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....saw that AFTER I posted.

(Wanna do a blog on snow? Come on up here tonight, you can do it ''hands-on'')

CJV

October 28, 2008 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home