Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'd Like To...

I’d like to do a lot of things that just aren’t going to happen. But I can dream about them, imagine them, fantasize about them and be happy with living them over and over in my mind. After all, it’s my mind and I can use those odds & ends of spare minutes as I wish.

I’d like to free-fall from the highest altitude possible and, if I could somehow work it, have some sort of paraglider which I could use to catch the updrafts and stay aloft for as long as possible.

Really, really, I’d like to travel the universe at so far beyond the speed of light it means I could go to distant galaxies almost as fast as I could think of it. I’d like to see the galactic clusters, to look at the edge of the universe.

I think I’d like to hang out in the Amazon jungles, watching the birds, the animals and the bugs underneath the giant trees. They would not fear me, nor would I fear them; it would be the Peaceable Kingdom, symbolized by Edward Hicks’ famous painting.

I’d love to fly. Not with an airplane, but just by myself; just being able to will myself to rise up in the air and go anywhere I want. Fly along, zip up over the trees, down along the meadows, across the ponds. That would be great fun.

I’d like to go out doing something good. A drive-by shooting is such a waste, but dropping over while helping somebody – way to go!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like yousay, ''Way to go''.........CJV

October 23, 2008 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home