Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sometimes Justice Is Served

I have a family who has been friends with me for some duration now. One of their daughters, Laura, took up boxing for reasons unknown to me. I won’t question her decision because she has made some good money on the smaller circuits and has also kept her dignity and her integrity. You can do that in the sport and still pull in some good coin.

She’s in college now and her mother said she was at one of those evening off-campus parties that sort of spring up as they will in colleges. Laura is of medium build, not particularly big, and an attractive kid. One of the football players, who may have had his judgement affected by a few cans of fermented beverages, decided to show her exactly what his feelings were about people who were not of the white race.

“You black bitch,” he said.

The next thing he knew, he was picking himself up off the floor. It only took one punch from Ms. Pro Boxer to deck the guy, one punch to pretty much ruin his reputation around the school.

Someone said that he could take her before a magistrate and prefer charges. Others said that would be pretty funny in itself: Big football player saying, “This little girl knocked me out with one punch when I insulted her.” They could imagine the magistrate breaking down into laughter and saying, “If I were you, I’d quit while I was ahead. I think I will dismiss this case and recommend you do not appeal.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home