Tuesday, March 25, 2008

700

Yesterday’s post was #700. That’s a lot of “one a day, every day” for the past two years. Vacations excluded, because this fellow doesn’t blog during those sacred times.

April 4, 2006, first blog: “Everybody Has A Story.” I wondered if I would have enough stories to last very long; someone said daily bloggers usually last a few weeks or a couple of months, then they go down the drain. I’d also heard that most blogs are read by the person who writes them and nobody else; that is, I am happy to say, not the case here. I don’t have a counter, nor do I want one, but I do hear from the troops out there and maybe someday might ask for a show of hands.

Seven hundred times we’ve taken a slow, casual walk down a country lane, not knowing what we’ll talk about when we leave the house.

When I’m on a cruise, I keep a thread going on the main cruise ship message board. It’s always a pleasant surprise to see how many people check in to see what I write during the trip. Sure, I’m fairly humorous and write well, but I remain truly amazed to find 1,200 or 1,300 views per day. I never know what I’ll be writing about and sometimes wonder what others find so interesting.

How long will “Things At King’s” keep going? Well, similar to the high view count of my cruise thread, maybe I’ll have a high content count here. I never thought of 700 posts and am not particularly thinking of 1,000. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home