Monday, November 12, 2007

I've Got A Note On My Desk

It says, “Phone. xxx-1712.” Doesn’t say who to phone, just “phone.” And a number which, I assume, is in our area code. I’m not sure I really want to call it and find out who’s on the other end. I tried to search it on Google, but nothing comes up.

There’s another note here with two words, vertically: “Fever … Dream.” I rather doubt it has anything to do with nightly fantasies after a rise in body temperature. I’m a music columnist for the local newspaper and “Fever” is a song I might have thought of writing about; “dream” could be for “Dream A Little Dream of Me.”

Don’t know. They are two notes that mean nothing right now. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who finds these.

Will all of us with mysterious notes on our tables and desks please raise our hands? Ok; just as I thought. Every one of us have little scribblings that once meant something, that were important for a few minutes or a day. They’re still hanging around because we don’t dare throw them out – they may be something really important.

I have more things in my room that might be too important to throw away. They “might be” for several years now; I’ve never learned if I really need them, but I don’t want to get rid of something important enough that I’ve saved it for so long, even if I saved it just because it might be important. Ok, it doesn’t make much sense, if any, but maybe I can have a box labeled, “Never know why I kept these, but don’t toss them out.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a Boss who was a very wise man-he told me if you haven't touched something in a year-you don't need it. Its gotten me by so far.

November 13, 2007 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try doing a reverse lookup at anywho.com
That will tell you to whom the number belongs

November 13, 2007 12:29 PM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

Actually, I'm afraid to find out; it might mean work.

November 13, 2007 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home