Friday, April 27, 2007

Is It Still Thursday?

Well, actually it’s a little after midnight and we’re into Friday. So let’s pretend that it’s really Thursday somewhere in this country. Mountain Time; that’s it: Mountain Daylight Time is where we’re posting from on Thursday night, a little after 11:00pm.

(‘zat gonna work?)

I’m as bad as the students. They used to come into my office and, somewhat breathlessly, ask to interview me about one thing or another. I’d patiently ask, “When is this due, and when was it assigned?” Pretty much nailed it each time: It was due the next day and it had been assigned at least a month earlier.

We have all the time in the world and there are other things that need doing. Then we get all involved in what needs be done and, uh-oh, as I go out the door to get the newspapers right off the press, I suddenly realize the daily blog has not been blogged.

I had things pretty well planned out. Go for the newspapers, then over to the office where my cruise diary is waiting for me (from the Cruise Critic site, edited and formatted, on a Word document), back here and horizontal in no time flat.

By the way, if any of my readers want a copy of that diary which, believe me, is unlike any diary you have read of someone’s travels, I’ll send it along. Most people who know me don’t have liquid in their mouths when they read it. They know from years past wht to expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home