Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Better Him Than Me

My brother and his wife showed up this evening, having driven nearly 12 hours from their home outside Quebec City. I don't know how they do it, either this trip or their combined treks through 40 of our continguous states. I'd jump off the first bridge after about two miles if I had to do that.

Yuk. I hate traveling. Someone said, "You don't mind traveling on a cruise ship," but I carefully note that it's not traveling. One gets on the ship, stores the week's duds and you're there until the cruise is over. You aren't traveling anywhere. Oh, sure, you go to bed and wake up in another port; but you aren't dodging traffic, traffic lights or looking for clean diners.

Nope; you just sit there like a hedonistic grand poobah and snap your fingers.

This is Tuesday's blog, which didn't make Blogspot's fast clock.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing all of you a pleasant visit.
(and yeah, a cruise ship is soooo different from "travelling".)

November 22, 2006 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand you Tom.........hate those long hours, Cumberland Farm coffees, traffic jams and all............Love cruising in my canoe

November 22, 2006 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home