Saturday, July 08, 2006

Watcha Doin'?

Exploring part of my mind, and writing it out on the internet, specifically on this Web Log. Something I do every day to keep my brain fresh. Each day, another part; you just never know what's in there and you can find some nice surprises.

Ah, a research door: I'm researching a word the Merriam-Webster dictionary people forgot to include. They suggested if I can show it's been used over a long period of time, in various media and not just in one area, they will consider it. I kept at it, asking my friends to send me any references they found; I also went through dusty reference books in equally dusty corners of libraries. "Hizzoner," the light second reference to His Honor, the Mayor, is now listed. Took five years and about a hundred referenced citations.

Another door: The possibilities. Not that I was born in 1942's United States, white, male, East coast. No; the possibility that I was born on this planet, or in this galaxy. I could have been born a million years ago on another galaxy to another family. My religion could have been --I don't know-- something, most likely presided over by a Saviour who might have come in much the same way as on Earth. Who knows?

Here's a door marked talents: Are you born with them, or do they develop over time? I wanted to play the piano, so I taught myself when I was 21; took trumpet lessons at 37. My brother's great communications mastery, until he was 60, was the ballpoint pen and now he is designing his own web pages, putting Photo Shopped digital photos on them and in general using the new technology rather well.

One door marked "impossible": There are things we will never do, but would love to accomplish. I think it's important to have unreachable goals. Paris Hilton, the spoiled little brat, recently said she's bored; if she weren't so rich, that wouldn't happen. We need it, this unattainable. Because, in reality, I almost certainly will never achieve mine, I will never get to the point where I will have had it all and be bored. I can dream, and smile as I do so.

As we say in radio, "That's our blog for today; thanks for tuning in and we'll see you tomorrow."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a door marked "the path not taken". What do you imagine is behind that?

July 08, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, louboutin, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, ugg boots, michael kors, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany jewelry, burberry, ugg boots, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton

January 06, 2016 2:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

longchamp, nike air max, north face, true religion jeans, coach outlet, hogan, true religion outlet, michael kors, replica handbags, nike air max, nike blazer, louboutin pas cher, nike free run uk, converse pas cher, new balance pas cher, nike huarache, north face, nike trainers, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban pas cher, lacoste pas cher, lululemon, timberland, vanessa bruno, air max, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, hollister, ray ban uk, vans pas cher, coach purses, burberry, oakley pas cher, michael kors, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, nike free, mulberry, air force, tn pas cher, nike roshe run, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren uk, sac longchamp, nike roshe, hollister pas cher, sac guess, longchamp pas cher

January 06, 2016 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home