Saturday, November 27, 2010

What Goes Around, In Three Days

I have heard it said, as reliably as anything you see on the Internet, that any joke, any visual sort of comic thing, makes it way around the net in three days. After that, it disappears. Or, to put it a different way, you will receive the same thing three times before it goes down the rat hole.

Currently, there is the Ms. TSA calendar for 2011, a series of twelve provocative positions of a lady in the scan booth. Only problem is, you can only see skeleton. Clever. The first time. “Delete meat" the second and third. I have nothing against the people who forward it, as they have the best of intentions, but it does fulfill the saying.

Having said that, I wonder how many times I have been the second or third person to pass on something which has been the object of instant death? I seldom forward, unless I think it’s really good, and then only to individuals who I think will like it. There are no group lists in my “Got to send this on” life.

What I really dislike, because I have to laugh at them, are jokes about my profession. It’s not that they are bad or anything, but I’ve heard them all before and many times. That’s why I never do that to anyone else; you can tell the punch like from the first word uttered. When someone says, “This is a new one,” I tell them, “I heard it.”

Speaking of forwards, I really don’t hate Jesus, but I don’t forward his messages, either. He understands I don’t do guilt trips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home