Friday, February 20, 2009

Going Where You Will Want To Went

How would you add up your life at this point? What you have done of which you are proud, what you would like to accomplish in the future?

I fulfilled my teenage dream to be a dj on several radio stations, in the news department of some and even on the Metropolitan Opera radio network. I passed my FCC engineer’s exam and hold the highest Amateur Radio license. At one point (and maybe still), I was listed in Who’s Who In Entertainment.

Taught myself piano at 21, I did; was taught trumpet at 37. In between, I learned Braille and have narrated over 500 talking magazines.

Why all the puffery? Because this is part of what I have written up for my obituary and I hope those who end up printing it will use as written. I’m proud of those things and would like them remembered. They were part of a “laundry list” I’ve had in the back of my mind for many years, always adding to it. This blog has been another, tho recent, and I will have other plans yet to be discovered.

I read once that “When you get into your thirties, either you develop new energies, or you die.” I don’t want to shrivel up with my life in the past, but to find new ways of expanding it. Some will be (and have been) for the better and others for the worse; I’ve swung and connected … I’ve swung and struck out. But I swung and didn’t stay in the stands eating hot dogs, drinking beer and watching.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wrinkles on my face are the history of my life, meaning sometimes I struck out, and on rare occasions I hit a home run.

Exit 318

February 23, 2009 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home