Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks? For What?

Well, lots of things. Sure, the economy is down the hole and we don’t know when those crazies will attack us again … and worse. But there are other things.

I’m thankful for recorded music. Aside from the fact it put me on the radio for so many years and in so many stations, it’s nice to have in the house and in the car. I’ve listened to many big bands that I barely remember from years past, and many more I never heard.

A friend and I just had a nice Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant out in the Back Mountain. It was not expensive at all and we had enough. I think they cut back just a bit on the stuffing, but it always seemed like too much and I still needed a bag.

I’ve heard people complaining that we have no more rights in this country. Oh? I can travel anywhere I want without asking an official. I can vote and have it count, use the phone, go to the store at 3:00 a.m. without a cop stopping me, express my very negative opinion about the current president, and so on. Elsewhere, I’d get shot.

We have “Valley Santa” to help needy kids get toys at Christmas and I’m thankful I can make a donation at the local bank to help out. I can also read the newspaper over the radio for the visually impaired, elderly and homebound – because I’m not one of them.

Speaking of newspapers, we have two in this city and they can print whatever they want because the government can’t interfere. I’m grateful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that I have a brotherwith whom I can chat on IM, share his blogs and enjoy a supper at Ollie's.

Exit 318

December 01, 2008 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home