Thursday, February 14, 2008

Give Us This Day

Snack time here in the world headquarters of Things At King’s. A mug of hot, steaming tea and a piece of toast topped with … well, I’ve quite a choice.

Skippy Natural Super Chunk, which is great stuff, except that those super chunks tend to get stuck in the space between two teeth. I’ve been favoring Skippy ever since I saw the ads on “Your Asked For It,” a viewer request show with Hugh Conover’s quiet commercial pitches twice each program.

There’s a Canadian product, Great Value Soy Butter, which ordinarily I would not have run into, as it’s marketed in this country by Wal-Mart Stores, a place I’ve yet to patronize on principle. Someone bought it, knowing I was looking for a peanut butter spread that was healthy. Turns out, this is excellent for people who have a peanut allergy. It’s too bad the product is not carried by other stores, as well, for those of us who feel uncomfortable supporting Wal-Mart.

The same person who bought that also got me Naturally More, which appears to be healthier. Oddly enough, although the container says, “Refrigerate after opening,” the company’s web site says, “Does not have to be refrigerated.” I never do, anyway.

Richfood Peanut Butter is a large jar of “feed ‘em and send ‘em outside” family peanut butter, made by Supervalu. That’s a company in Minnesota which markets under store brands everywhere; I found eighteen chains using the same stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home