Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cheap New England Yankee

Where I come from, that’s a compliment. Where I live now, that’s a description people use of me. I consider it a talent.

Blog on cruising #3. I try not to repeat, but some things are too important, especially when the next cruise is so close that I have to start packing. It’s just five months, two weeks and one day – or, roughly, coming down the street at the speed of light or (my figures), 164.4 million knots per hour. Anyone better with math can correct this and I’ll fix the post.

Anyhow, I occasionally have dreams of boarding the Noordam and trying to find my way from stern to stem. Why we enter up its @ is a mystery to me, but even more mysterious is why I dream there is no direct route, but we have to go up a deck here, down a deck there. Eventually, I finally find my way around and all is fine.

Last night, I had *the most vivid* dream about my mother, an inveterate (not invertebrate; that’s something else) HAL cruiser, showing up on the Noordam. She left us for the Great Cruise Ship In The Sky ten years ago and, in this dream, I said, “What are you doing here??” She led me around to where she was hanging out with someone and I’d never seen her so happy and animated. This is a person who was always perky in her earthly life.

It ended there. I would have stayed, but the alarm clock went off and here I was, back in reality. Once, on the ship, I met about five people who looked just like her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home