Friday, May 18, 2007

I Am The Only Thomas Carten In The U.S.

Or so I thought. Then I went to “HowManyOfMe.com” for an unpleasant surprise, because I like being unique. You know, the only ambidextrous broadcast engineer who is a notary public, Braille transcriber, with the highest class of amateur radio license, in my day job. Most likely the only one of that class.

Thomas is the eleventh most popular name; only 664 Cartens are around. No, I am not alone: There are five people named Thomas Carten. I even found one with my middle initial. Tom, as a legally given name, is less popular, with no Tom Cartens among them. 173,572 people are legally named Tommy, but none in the Carten family. The vast majority of these are guys, but an occasional gal pops up in the bunch.

Despite my being a minor celebrity, due to my decades-old work in broadcasting and my inclusion in Marquis’ “Who’s Who in Entertainment,” I did not make this site’s list of famous names.

Four people in the U.S. have my maternal grandfather’s name; six have his wife’s name; but only one person has my mother’s maiden name. It would be spooky to meet her.

Everybody has a story.
Marjorie Snyder caught the eye of Albert Katinsky. While working up on a roof one afternoon, he saw her walking down the street, and scurried down the ladder just to meet her. Six months later, they began dating, and not too long later, they knew they would marry.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like being unique.

As the song said---
There Will Never Be Another You

May 18, 2007 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Tom, being unique is one respect would be nice, but on the other hand lets name a few ''uniques'' who might shed a shadow on the greatness of being the top name on the totem pole so to speak

Adolph Hitler.
Forrest Gump
Ben Laden.
Wolfie ( As of this morning's news)
and you can add your own....

On the brighter side had you been baptized Thomas X. Carten, then you could share your uniqueness with Bo Diddley, Spike Jones, Charlemagne and Abraham Quassituq, an Innu fisherman who is on my email list ...and who cruises year round in search of tuna, squid and marlin.

May 18, 2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger ColdJoshVail said...

Test

May 20, 2007 7:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WWW0919
nike pegasus
pandora outlet
bape clothing
ugg outlet
nike roshe
coach factory outlet
swarovski outlet
cheap mlb jerseys
coach outlet online
prada sunglasses

June 18, 2018 9:29 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

lebron 15 shoes
hermes handbags
curry 5
balenciaga sneakers
converse outlet
longchamp handbags
michael kors outlet
michael kors
vapormax
ferragamo belt

August 13, 2019 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home